Peace Coffee Racing Team Membership Agreement & Guidelines
2024 Annual Membership cost is $25.
Peace Coffee Racing Team welcomes members at all levels of racing. All members are expected to act accordingly under USA cycling and Minnesota Mountain bike Series codes of conduct and complete a 3 race requirement for the year.
- Discounts and special offerings from our sponsors and partners.
- Peace Coffee for qualifying podium finishes.
- Team swag – bottles, socks, t-shirts, hats, bags, and other gear.
- Access to the official team message board and team social media outlets.
- Team training rides, workouts, and special events.
- Race day support (food, water, team tent, etc.)
- Special volunteer opportunities
- Special members-only events throughout the year.
- Invitation to team party with awards and give aways.
- Must be current on membership dues to receive benefits.
- Must be an active participant with the goal of at least three races per year.
- Must volunteer in some capacity to be eligible for team benefits.
- New members are required to submit a race resume prior to joining.
- Current team kit must be worn at all races and training rides.
- Without exception, members must follow the team’s code of conduct at all rides, races and events.
- Always be aware that as a member of Peace Coffee Racing you’re a reflection of our sponsors, partners, and members to the community.
As a member in good standing I will:
- Have a bicycle in good working condition that is properly maintained throughout the season.
- Always wear the proper gear for my ride, run, or race so as to diminish harm to myself or others.
- Wear a helmet whenever riding.
- Obey all applicable state laws including stopping at stop signs and red lights and use approved hand signals for turns, slowing and stopping.
- Ride predictably, not erratic.
- Call out road hazards and other dangers to other cyclists in the group.
- Call out and pass another cyclist on the left side.
- Not cross or overlap wheels with another cyclist unless passing.
- Not ride under the influence of any substance that impairs your abilities.
- Heed the ride leader’s instructions.
As a member in good standing, I will:
- Recognize that as a participant in race team activities that I represent Peace Coffee Racing and its sponsors to other cyclists, government officials, race officials, event volunteers, and the general public.
- Avoid confrontation with motorists, other cyclists or pedestrians even if they are in the wrong.
- Always yield to pedestrians on local bike paths and trails.
- Encourage and engage in good sportsmanship.
- Respect other cyclists even if they are not Peace Coffee Racing team members.
- Refrain from the use of foul language, obscene gestures, physical or verbal abuse or malicious actions towards any person and/or any lewd behavior.
This code cannot comprehensively address all possible scenarios. Rather it should function as a standard of behaviors implemented along with common sense and the principle of what a reasonable person would do in a similar situation. It is the intent of Peace Coffee Racing and its sponsors to promote good will and safety for all.
Developed and approved by Peace Coffee Racing Leadership 2017
MN Mountain Bike Series Rules
True sportsmanship is…
“Knowing that you need your opponent because without him or her, there is no game. Acknowledging that your opponent holds the same deep-rooted aspirations and expectations as you. Knowing that, win or lose, you will walk off the course with pride. Always taking the high road. And always, always, always being a good sport.”